- Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Chief Resident, Plastic Surgery, 1998
- Plastic Surgery Residency, 1996-98 University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
- Chief Resident, General Surgery, 1995-96 University of South Carolina, Richland Memorial Hospital, Columbia, S.C.
- General Surgery Research Fellow, 1993-94 University of South Carolina
- General Surgery Internship & Residency 1990-96, University of South Carolina, Richland Memorial Hospital, Columbia, S.C.
- Doctor of Medicine Degree, 1982-89 Autonomous University of Guadalajara, Mexico
Dr. Zamora is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. This means that he is board certified and that his surgical education and training, professional qualifications, surgical competence, and ethical conduct have passed a rigorous evaluation, and have been found to be consistent with the high standards established and demanded by the American College of Surgeons.